Chronology of the development of the CRONIMET Group
- Formation of both CRONIMET companies in Karlsruhe (GER) and Düsseldorf (GER)
- Formation of CRONIFER Holland (NED)
- Formation of the subsidiary CRONIMET Kirchheim (GER)
- Minority investment to the amount of 40% in Westdoor (GBR) and Fagersta Metals (SWE)
- Formation of CRONIMET S.A: (SUI)
- Increase of shares in Fagersta Metals (SWE) to 49%
- Market entry in the new Federal States of Germany via a purchasing office in Chemnitz (GER).
- Purchasing amounts from Eastern Europe already amount to 30% of the entire volume.
- Increase of the purchasing amounts in Eastern Europe and the CIS States.
- Formation of subsidiary CRONIMET Spolka in Katowice (POL)
- Beginning trade with primary metals and special alloys
- Formation of CRONIMET France (FRA)
- Expansion of the stockyard in Karlsruhe (GER)
- Opening of a purchasing office in Tartu (EST)
- Expansion of operations in Karlsruhe (GER)
- Formation of the CRONILEG Duisburg (GER)
- Opening of representation in Moscow (RUS)
- Takeover of ERG Edelstahl Recycling in Offenbach (GER) by the metal company CRONIMET FRANCE (FRA) turnaround completed in only two years
- Integration of ERG (GER) into the CRONIMET Group
- Integration of "D&T Alloys" founded by the UK subsidiary Westdoor in South Africa into the CRONIMET RSA (RSA)
- Installation of stationary radioactivity detectors in all companies
- Acquisition of an additional 16% and therefore the majority in the investment Fagersta Metals and renaming into CRONIMET Fagersta (SWE)
- Opening of representation in Kiev (UKR)
- Formation of a joint venture for the production of ferro-molybdenum and molybdenum metal with the company Plant of Pure Iron (AM). The ferro-molybdenum produced there is distributed by the new subsidiary CRONIMET Noble Alloys in Duisburg (GER) which also has an exclusive contract with a Brazilian ferro niobium producer for distribution in Europe.
- Formation of the CRONIMET Legierungen in Wuppertal (GER)
- Formation of the CRONIMET ALFA in Munich (GER)
- Formation of the US subsidiary CRONIMET CORPORATION (USA)
- Very good development of the US subsidiary that quickly established itself into one of the main suppliers of the American stainless steel plants. In order to procure the amounts demanded additional operations are opened in Chicago and Houston. World market leader in the special area of tungsten carbide scrap that is processed in a operation in New Jersey and distributed via the CRONIMET CORPORATION.
- The British Westwood Ltd. becomes the majority property of the CRONIMET Group due to an increase of the capital share to 60% and is renamed into CRONIMET Great Britain (GBR)
- Expansion of the storage area of the business in Karlsruhe (GER)
- Opening of a new warehouse business in Riga (LAT) in order to meet the needs of East European suppliers and to relieve the other European stockyards.
- There processed materials are shipped directly by sea to plants in Europe and Asia
- Formation of CRONIMET Brazil Ltda. in Sao Paulo (BRA)
2000 - 2009
- Expansion of joint venture with Plant of Pure Iron (AM)
- New construction of a warehouse in the harbor of Dortmund (GER) that replaces the locations in Düsseldorf (GER) and Wuppertal (GER) in 2001.
- Joint formation of CRONIMET Italia (ITA) with the Italian Demont (Venice) increase in capacity in the USA by opening up a new warehouse in Alabama.
- Takeover of Nichel Leghe (largest stainless steel recycling company in Italy), which has businesses in Milan (ITA) and Turin (ITA). The total capacity of the CRONIMET Group at the beginning of the year is approx. 1 million tons per year. Russia closes its borders to the West (with the exception of Finland) for scrap exports via truck. Closing of the warehouse business in Riga (LAT) and formation of CRONIMET Finland (FIN)
- Purchase of 35% of the shares in Plant of Pure Iron (ARM)
- Increase of the market share in the special alloy sector by taking over United Alloys (USA)
- Relocation of ERG from Offenbach (GER) to Aschaffenburg (GER)
- Increase of shares in Plant of Pure Iron (ARM) to 47%
- Majority acquisition of Avarus AG (CH) and Metallium Marketing GmbH, Gelsenkirchen (GER)
- Formation of CRONIMET Suisse AG (SUI)
- CRONIMET Great Britain takes over TINICO (GBR)
- Takeover of Contur and renaming into CRONILEG Poland (POL)
- Acquisition of Schach-Matt, Herne (GER)
- Formation of the CRONIMET Services GmbH (GER)
- Opening of a business in Ohio (USA)
- Majority acquisition of the Zangezur Copper and Molybdenum Combine CJSC (ARM)
- Formation of the CRONIMET Mining GmbH (GER)
- Increase of shares in Plant of Pure Iron (ARM) to 51%
- Opening of a business in Genk (BEL)
- Opening of a business in Ontario (CAN)
- Opening of a business in Missouri (USA)
- Formation of the CRONIMET Holding (GER)
- Takeover of Metals & Alloys (GBR)
- Expansion of CRONIMET Switzerland (SUI) and CRONIMET Sweden (SWE)
- Opening of representation in Shanghai (CHN)
- Opening of representation of the CRONIMET Mining GmbH in Jerevan (ARM)
- New construction of the CRONIMET administration building at the headquarters in Karlsruhe (GER)
- New construction of several plant halls at the business location in Karlsruhe (GER)
- Acquisition of Metalloy Metalle-Legierungen GmbH, Norderstedt (GER)
- CRONIMET Holding (GER) takes over 20 % of the shares at the TSR Group
- Formation of the Jocelyn & Günter Pilarsky Foundation with headquarters in Karlsruhe.
- Günter Pilarsky is named Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia
- Opening of a business in Herby (POL)
- Formation of the CRONILEG Metal Sanayi Tic Ltd. (TUR)
- Acquisition of Ferinox S.p.A., Molteno and Milan (ITA)
- Formation of the CRONIMET Estonia OÜ (EST)
- Opening of the honorary consulate of the Republic of Armenia at the CRONIMET headquarters
- Introduction of the new CRONIMET slogan "CRONIMET – metals are our passion"
- Formation of CRONIMET METAL TRADING AG (SUI)
- Renaming CRONIFER (Holland) b.v. into CRONIMET (Holland) b.v.
- Increase of shares in CRONIMET Beheer Group (NED) to 80%
- Increase of shares in CRONIMET Holdings Inc. Group (USA) to 100%
- CRONIMET Estonia and Eesti Metall form CRONIMET Eesti Metall OÜ (EST)
- CRONIMET extends its reach with a Mexican scrapyard
2010 - present
- CRONIMET Group purchases 60% of the shares of MSP Metall Service Pedack GmbH, Karlsruhe
- CRONIMET Group and TSR Group have founded the joint venture CRONIMET Ostrava s.r.o. and TSR Inowroclaw Spolka
- Opening of the first yard in China (Baoshan/Shanghai)
- Formation of CRONIMET Latvia SIA
- Change of company name and legal form transofrmation of CRONIMET Mining GmbH into CRONIMET Mining AG
- Metalloy Metalle-Legierungen GmbH starts new Turnings-Processing installation
- CRONIMET USA moves new Headquarters in Aliquippa, PA and additional operations in Pensacola, FL and Jeffersonville, IN
- CRONIMET Holding GmbH receives "Top Rating 1" by the Hoppenstedt CreditCheck
- CRONIMET Mining AG constructs solar power stations in South Africa
- CRONIMET Holding GmbH continues to expand its presence in Asia with a new site in Singapore
- Günter Pilarsky named "Stainless Steel Executive of the Year 2013"
- CRONIMET acquires minority shareholding in DESTIMET Green Services GmbH
> CRONIMET opens new office in Szczecin
> CRONIMET opens new office in Mielec
> CRONIMET becomes the sole shareholder of Destimet Green Services GmbH
> Successful AFRA Aircraft Fleet Recycling Association Audit
> CRONIMET opens new office in Turkey
> Award of CRONIMET founder Günter Pilarsky from the family enterprise foundation
> Rebranding CRONIMET Envirotec GmbH with a new appearance